Lymphatic Massage In Dublin
Lymphatic Massage (also known as Manual Lymphatic Drainage (MLD) – is a very relaxing and non-invasive, specialised type of massage which is designed to improve the functioning of the lymphatic system.
This is primarily achieved through gentle, rhythmical circling movements of the skin, which stimulate the contractions of the lymphatic vessels. Techniques are performed with hands and fingers using a light-touch, which is simulating, gentle, through a wave-like movement.
The subtle manual manoeuvres activate lymph and interstitial fluid circulation as well as stimulate the functioning of the immune and parasympathetic nervous systems. A well-functioning lymph system contributes to healthy body tissue and plays an important part in the body's immune system responses.
Benefits Of Lymphatic Massage
- Detoxifies the entire body
- Relieves chronic pain
- Promotes the healing of fractures, torn ligaments, sprains, and lessens pain
- Reduces fluid retention and oedemas (swelling) of various origins
- Helps with post-cancer treatments, including Radiation Therapy
- Regenerates tissue, including burns and wounds
- Reduces cellulite